175 Micron Safety Window Film
- Protects and against bomb blast and other impact
- Meets British Standard BS6206 Class A and European Standard EN12600 Class 1B1
- Protected by a patented scratch-resistant coating
- Maintains high visibility and safety needs
- 175 micron tinted solar control safety films also available
The 175 Micron high performance Safety Window Film is designed to protect against breakage in case of bomb blast or forced entry. It has been installed successfully as an anti-shatter laminate at many commercial, MOD and government locations.
- Visible light transmission - 89%
- Visible light reflection - 9%
- Ultraviolet transmission - <5%
If you're interested in this product then please give us a call or fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
Many thanks for installing the sunscreen blinds, everyone is delighted with the effect!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it expensive?
- Solar Film - in a commercial context, it can pay for itself in as little as three years, based on energy savings on heating & cooling systems.
- Safety Film - much less expensive than glass replacement, prevents damage to people, IT equipment/display stock, and prevents legal liabilities from injury caused by shattered glass.
- Privacy Film - significantly less expensive than sandblasting, and can be removed/replaced.
- UV Film - restoration from sun damage will be much more expensive; some objects are priceless.
What can window film do?
- make glass shatter-proof
- reflect the sun's heat
- reduce winter heat loss
- reduce glare
- reduce fading and rotting of fabrics
- provide frosted or one-way privacy
- reduce energy costs and carbon emissions
- provide a decorative effect
What is window film?
An off-shoot of interstellar travel over 30 years ago, it's essentially a polyester sheet, with an adhesive backing which bonds to glass. Sun-X has been applying window film since its inception, and even treating windows prior to this.
Will it have bubbles and creases?
No, not when professionally installed by Sun-X trained and highly experienced personnel. The clearer variety of films will even be invisible to the human eye.
Will it make the room dark of the windows mirrored?
Not necessarily. While dark reflective films will provide maximum heat reduction, there are now available some extremely effective 'clear' non-reflective solar films, making them ideal for listed buildings, or where high light levels are required.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We'll find you the
Please let us know the details of your problem and we'll be in touch with our recommendation.