Opaque Privacy Window Film
- Transmits up to 80% of visible light yet maintains privacy.
- 50 micron thickness helps reduce danger of flying, shattered glass.
- Pleasing alternative to plain glazed partitions.
- Also available in a variety of colours & decorative patterns
Vision is blocked from either side of the glass, whilst maintaining very high light levels. Corporate branding can easily be included (see manifestation page).
Technical data - White Opaque
- Visible light transmission - 69%
- Visible light reflection - 20%
- Ultraviolet transmission - <15%
- Total solar energy rejected - 28%
- Glare Reduction - 22%
If you're interested in this product then please give us a call or fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
Prince Philip and I are delighted and deeply impressed with the marvellous restoration of the fire damaged area of Windsor Castle. Being anxious to show our appreciation of [your] skill and dedication ... we have had this special medallion struck ... it comes with our grateful thanks.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it expensive?
- Solar Film - in a commercial context, it can pay for itself in as little as three years, based on energy savings on heating & cooling systems.
- Safety Film - much less expensive than glass replacement, prevents damage to people, IT equipment/display stock, and prevents legal liabilities from injury caused by shattered glass.
- Privacy Film - significantly less expensive than sandblasting, and can be removed/replaced.
- UV Film - restoration from sun damage will be much more expensive; some objects are priceless.
What can window film do?
- make glass shatter-proof
- reflect the sun's heat
- reduce winter heat loss
- reduce glare
- reduce fading and rotting of fabrics
- provide frosted or one-way privacy
- reduce energy costs and carbon emissions
- provide a decorative effect
What is window film?
An off-shoot of interstellar travel over 30 years ago, it's essentially a polyester sheet, with an adhesive backing which bonds to glass. Sun-X has been applying window film since its inception, and even treating windows prior to this.
Will it have bubbles and creases?
No, not when professionally installed by Sun-X trained and highly experienced personnel. The clearer variety of films will even be invisible to the human eye.
Will it make the room dark of the windows mirrored?
Not necessarily. While dark reflective films will provide maximum heat reduction, there are now available some extremely effective 'clear' non-reflective solar films, making them ideal for listed buildings, or where high light levels are required.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We'll find you the
Please let us know the details of your problem and we'll be in touch with our recommendation.